Our friend and brother in Christ, Pastor Robert Shelby, as most of you know, dove into a pool on July 3rd, 2012 and hit the bottom breaking his neck. His 3 oldest sons rescued him from the water and helped him start breathing again before the first responders arrived.
Right now Rob is paralyzed from the chest down. We are praying for God to heal him entirely, and for peace for him, Amy, and their 10 children. For those that feel led to help, we have set up a few ways for you to help the family in a very tangible way, for current family expenses and eventual medical expenses.
There are 3 ways you can give:
1. You can visit any Capital One and donate to the Capital One Account named “Robert E. Shelby, Jr. Donation Account”
You can also mail a check, made out to "Robert E. Shelby, Jr. Donation Account"
Please mail checks to:
Trinity Baptist Church c/o
Pastor Dale Crawford
1785 Wooddale Court
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
2. You can donate online via PayPal in two ways. If you do not have a PayPal account you can donate via a debit or credit card.
The first option will take slightly more effort but it will ensure that NO FEES are taken from the donation since it will be sent as a GIFT. If you choose to donate via the donation button a 4% FEE will be subtracted from your donation amount to the Shelby Family Fund.
Option 1 - NO FEE
1. Log into your Paypal account
2. Click "Send Money" in the main menu tabs.
3. Enter email to send funds to email@example.com
4. Enter amount
5. Click the "Personal" tab then choose the "Gift" option and click "Continue"
It should look like this...
Option 2- Click the donate button - this option will subract a FEE of up to 4%.
3. A meal schedule has been created using TakeThemAMeal.com. If you would like to sign up, you can access the meal schedule by clicking here
For updates on Rob’s condition, and to stay up to date with the Shelby family, visit Amy’s blog at the link below:
Please continue to pray for God to pour out his grace and assurance to the Shelby family during this trial.